Monday, September 5, 2011


Yeah so here's my work desk where I do basically everything from artwork to repairs, and lunch. It's pretty messy today, as you can see, as I'm preparing to put together this model Khiet got for me in Japan. I have the jalapeno chips, twix, and beef jerky ready as well, because this is probably going to take a while.


Ah, wonderful. There's a billion pieces of plastic and the instructions to put the whole kit together are written in Japanese. Haha! Luckily for me, the Japanese sought it fit to fill the manual with pictures, lots and lotso pictures.


Okay, at this point I had no clue in the world what I was doing, even with the help of the pictures. It literally took me a whole hour to get this far. Embarrassing, I know. Apparently watching 6 seasons of Gundam had zero effect on my ability to orientate the pieces properly, much less create a working model.

By this point I was finally getting the hang of it, and putting together the kit was going by much faster. This was about the 2 hour mark. It's actually amazing the detail that goes into this model. Almost every single piece is modular and works in unison with other pieces to form much larger or more intricate parts. What is even more amazing, is that the joints work realistically and similar to a real person.


This was the 3 hour mark, and my end for the day. It was really fun and interesting throwing it all together. I'll update more once I start assembling the other pieces.



No comments: