Saturday, October 15, 2011

My First Published Photo

I started photography as somewhat of a romantic experiment. To get to better know someone, who I hold quite close to me, and to also show how I see the world. I remember buying my first SLR camera on my 19th birthday, and from there, taking it almost everywhere I had gone. On vacations, to conventions, to get togethers, and on those lazy Sundays. From there, I've been quite lucky to attract the attention of others who have liked my work, especially those willing to give me a job for it. This most recent position however, though small, has felt like my greatest step towards achieving the things I want the most.

It is probably quite silly to think that this little goal of mine, has changed how I completely view the world. Even more so, if someone were to take into account that I did it all on a whim, and for a seemingly ridiculous reason, thanks to my foolhardy-romantic ideology. All of this, everything, in order to chase after someone. Leaving Minnesota with my whole life packed in two boxes, on my own, without telling anyone other than those a small few who would give me a lift to the airport.

It took no more than a little over ten lines, and in an email mind you, to make me finally able to decide to move out here to California. But, I think I've finally have gotten closer to who I'm trying find. This most recent event, especially, reminds of the first pictures they had shown me when they were also starting photography this way. I imagine that they also went through a similar channel to get this far, which I found to be very interesting because it feels as if I'm really seeing and feeling everything as they would have experienced it. Or perhaps I'm just an idiot who is running after someone or perhaps something, which did or does not exist, but I do not believe this to be true.

That's all for today. Now time to get back to studying for my poli sci midterms.





No comments: